30 Nov How to Kickstart Your Video Marketing Strategy
Why You Need More Videos in Your Content Marketing Strategy
More and more brands are using video marketing in their content strategy-and with good reason. According to a report by WordStream, 87% of online marketers use some form of video content in 2017. Online video consumption continues to increase in popularity, and more often than not, people prefer to watch a short video than read a block of text. Another finding from the report showed that given the choice between text and video content on the same topic, 59% of executives are more likely to choose video. Videos are also more likely to be shared on social media than text articles. To be exact, social video generates a whopping 1200% more shares than text and images combined (WordStream). They are also much easier to consume than other forms of content as they can be viewed on many different devices.
High quality videos are essential for keeping your audience engaged. They also:
- Build brand awareness: Delivering fresh video content will get your business noticed organically. Publishing consistent, relevant, and high-quality videos ensures that your content gets in front of more of your perfect clients.
- Help you communicate your message: Videos make it easy to communicate your brand’s message and values. A short video explaining what your brand represents can have a huge impact on your audience’s perception of your company.
- Establish trust: Creating video content gives you another opportunity to gain the trust of your audience. They can hear and see you, which allows them pick up the essence of who you really are. With this information, they ultimately decide if they can trust you or not. By using consistent branding and voice across all forms of content you publish, you will be able to create a more engaging experience with your customers.
What Kind of Videos Should You Make?
When coming up with video topics, think about how they will add value to your business. What goals are you trying to achieve with your content strategy, and how can video marketing help you reach those goals?
If you’re trying to demonstrate expertise in your field, videos sharing success stories or giving advice may be the best route for you. Maybe you’re trying to showcase a new product or service. Then, a product video or review would be the way to go. Here are some additional video topics to consider.
Optimize Your Videos for Search
Regardless of the video topics you choose, make sure to optimize your new videos for search engines. Include keywords within the title, tags, and description of your videos so search engines will index them. Search engines can’t read the actual content in your video, so make sure you explain exactly what your video is about. Otherwise, your video won’t get the maximum exposure it deserves!
Ninja Tip: When you upload a thumbnail, rename the thumbnail to include your keywords. Search engines will pick this up and give you a higher chance of ranking your video.
Who Should Film Your Videos?
Now that you’ve come up with what you want to shoot, who should you trust to film your videos?
If it’s your first time shooting video content, you’ll be relieved to hear that you don’t need to hire an expensive film crew to create solid videos. All you really need is a high-quality camera (your phone can do) and basic editing software (iMovie, WeVideo, Wondershare Filmora, etc.)
However, if you want someone else to take care of the entire production process, you can look into hiring an agency or production company to help you. Search for “Video Production Company [Your City]” and you’ll find top rated companies to help you with your videos. They’ll work with you to map out your storyboard and concept, film, and edit the video until you have a finished product you’re proud of.
How Do I Use My Videos?
Once you’ve developed an arsenal of professional videos for your business, you can integrate them in different places for maximum exposure to your target audience.
Places to include videos:
- Embed on your website
- Share through social media channels
- Publish on YouTube or Vimeo
- On your landing page
- In email marketing campaigns
There are many ways to incorporate videos into your marketing strategy, so experiment and see which ones allow you to best connect with your customers.
Ready to create fresh video content? We work with small business owners and entrepreneurs to create strategic and engaging video content. We’ll take the hassle out of video production so you can focus on strengthening your online presence and growing your business. Find out how we can help.